The Holocaust Educational Trust is committed to safeguarding your privacy. This policy explains how the Trust makes use of and protects the information you give when using this website. If you are asked to provide information whilst using the website, it will only be used in the ways described in this policy.
How we collect information
We only collect personal information when you give it to us. For example, when you register for the Lessons from Auschwitz Project or the Teaching Resources section of the website, order a product from our online shop, or donate to us. We may also collect information about your usage of the website using cookies (see below) but this is anonymous.
What information we collect
We may collect the following information when you fill in forms on the site:
- Name and job title.
- Contact information, including school address, postcode and email address.
- which pages you visit;
- the amount of time you spend on the site or a particular page;
- whether or not you have visited the site before;
- how you came to our website – for example, through an email link or a search engine;
- the type of computer, browser, network location and internet connection you use.
How we use this information
We may use this data for the following reasons:
- For our own internal records.
- To monitor website usage.
- To send registered users emails about our the Stories from Willesden Lane project as well as our other resources, programmes and events.
We will never sell, distribute or lease your personal information to third parties. All personal information is stored and processed under the Data Protection Act of 1998. You may request details of the personal information which we hold about you by emailing email@example.com or in writing to Holocaust Educational Trust, BCM Box 7892, London WC1N 3XX.
We are committed to ensuring that your data is held securely. In order to prevent unauthorised access or disclosure, we have suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedures. We store your data on our secure servers based in the UK.